Tuesday, September 14, 2010

"Where the Wild Things Are" By: Maurice Sendak

"Where the Wild Things Are" By: Maurice Sendak has always been a personal favorite of mine. I love the how the simplicity of this story can expand the imagination of any reader. The story is based around Max, who is punished by his Mother after misbehaving while wearing a wolf costume. When he is sent to his room it is transformed into a great forest that is filled with wild creatures. Max conquers the ferocious beats and is made their new king, but finds that he is rather homesick so he returns to his room where he finds dinner waiting for him. This story truly represents the extensive potential of a child's imagination, and I think it will encourage students to use their creativity in everyday situations. I think this story also expresses how it is important to not take for granted the comforts of home. To me personally I find this book very reassuring because it reminds me of my own parents, and now matter how far I travel, physically or mentally, my family will always be there to support me no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment